Sunday, October 5, 2008

Halloween fun

Halloween fun has begun. I love fall. I love the change of the season from hot to cool. I love the changing of the leaves, the difference in the air and all the fun activities that fall brings. I even loved sitting outside and weeding last night, and just being in the cool air. I love the time between now and Christmas, there is so much to do, so much to celebrate and so many fun activities to take in.

The season has officially begun at our house. We decorated for Halloween on Friday. Hayden saw a gingerbread haunted house kit and was so excited to be able to make gingerbread houses twice, both for Halloween and Christmas. I wasn't as enthusiastic about the project, until Hayden said, "Mom, it is the perfect bonding activity for me and Ann." And, it was! They had a fantastic time together and they made a wonderful masterpiece! Hayden shows everyone that walks in our house his spooky haunted house.

Thanks, Ann for making his day and spending time with him. Although, I think Ann had as much fun as he did.

2 comments:

Darce said...

So that's why you like having those teenagers with you--they get to do all those "mom" things that you don't always want to do, but you know you should do--or, at least think your kids should have the experience of doing and you're too tired!?! Where can I get one? Actually, that haunted house looks pretty awesome! How fun!

Bob and Danya said...

Cute haunted house! I've never seen a kit for that before. Very Fun!