Thursday, October 9, 2008

Here we go... more testing

Today was better but still a little hectic. I received a call from Hayden's pediatrician today on test results from the hospital last week. They are referring Hayden to see a urologist because he has an enlarged right kidney.

As I was on the phone with the referral person at the pediatrician's office. She started laughing, I told her this wasn't funny. She asked me which referral that I would like her to work on first, since Hayden has been referred to a uriologist, nuerologist, gastroenterologist and needs his thyroid and some other tests performed, all of which we have found out about in the past three days. I told her I would actually prefer her to just schedule me a day at Phoenix Children's Hospital and could we do it all in one day??? She laughed and said that would be nice, wouldn't it.

I also met with Hayden's teacher, Mrs. Angel today, and some other school officials. Thankfully, some of the paperwork is being finished up and Hayden will start receiving some services, including occupational therapy thru the school. I'm excited for this, as I have been pushing for it for the past several months. Now, he will have occupational therapy three times per week. Once a week at school, once thru insurance, and one time a week that we pay for. I think this should help him significantly.

Life is just a little busy and crazy at our house.

2 comments:

Pallets and Pearls said...

I saw your post on my blog...I added sent Suzi and invite let me know if she didn't get it for some reason. P.S. sorry I'm a big slacker at posting. I posted on the one before this too :)

Jamie Jo said...

Jer, how tough. That is a load of referrals. How do you keep such a positive attitude? I'm very impressed.