Friday, October 17, 2008

Schnepf Farms

Thomas and I took Hayden, Brooklyn, Ariyona, Taylor and Makayla to Schnepf Farms. It is the coolest pumpkin patch and farm with all kinds of activities. The kids were so excited and wanted to make sure that we did everything that was there. We started with face painting, moved on to goofy golfing, rode the rides, watched the pig races where Hayden was chosen to help and won a pig nose, rode ponies, went to the petting zoo, got lost in the corn maze, almost gave Thomas a heart attack on the road rally race and of course ate yummy chili! And, we topped the night off with a great fireworks show and each of the kids picked their own pumpkin out of the pumpkin patch!

We had the best time. I loved watching the sheer joy and excitement on each of the kids faces as they experienced the fun fall events. They all smiled really big all evening. I even felt a little guilty for how much pleasure I was having just watching them have fun and enjoying themselves.

In fact, my favorite moment was when we were walking from dinner to the petting zoo. Hayden was holding Ariyona's hand, Brooklyn was holding Taylor's hand and Makayla was pointing out things to the kids. They were all talking and just really happy. I had the strongest impression come over me, and felt like I am making a difference in these girls lives and I am having an impact on them. It was such a special special moment and one I will cherish always! I'm thankful that even in the middle of a crowded farm that I can receive answers to my prayers.

Me and the kids picking our pumpkins.


Ariyona and Hayden, since they are both only children, they have bonded and claim each other as siblings!

Brooklyn, Ariyona, Hayden, Taylor and Makayla - they love it when I make them stop to pose for pictures.

Taylor and Ariyona were dancing to the music. They were cracking up and just enjoying themselves.

Thomas and Taylor

Me and Taylor

Thomas and all the kids after we found our way out of the corn maze.

Hayden and Brooklyn during the fireworks show!

1 comment:

Darce said...

I love that you call it "goofy golfing" too. That's what I always called it--until all of my roommates made fun of me. Maybe it's an AZ term?