Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Snake!

Thomas left this morning to go to work and found a snake in our garage. I was not happy about it. Seriously, my two biggest downfalls about living in the desert, scorpions and snakes. It is not comforting to me that we had one in the garage. AUGH!

I asked Hayden what he would have done if he would have found it. He said, "I would have picked it up, strangled it and thrown it like in George of the Jungle". Great. I told him that movies are not real and he cannot be playing with snakes and it would bite him. He doesn't worry about anything. He thinks he is invincible. I am glad Thomas found the snake and not Hayden.

Still, very disturbing to me that there was a snake in the garage. And, even more disturbing that Thomas and Hayden think we need to keep it. Ann is even on their side. No way, no how, that thing is not living with us. I all too well recall Thomas promising me that the frog would not get out in my house, I would freak if the snake got out.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh gross! I would have died! Get that thing out of your house!!

Darce said...

I am SO sorry Jer! I remember as a teenager, my mom wanted to get Travis a snake. I told her there was no way I was going to live in a house with a snake. It was either a snake or her daughter! I won. The snake lived at the neighbor's. . . . and it got out!!!

Jamie Jo said...

Yikes! We had one in our garage in Mesa once. My sister Stacey is a huge snake phobe, and in Thailand we went to this snake farm where we could all hold and get a picture with this giant python. She wasn't going to do it, but decided to in the end. She was shaking and crying so hard, but she was still smiling for the pictures. We have it on video, and it is classic.