Sunday, August 21, 2011

Amazing Ward

I have to send a wonderful shout out to the incredible sisters in my ward. I am in awe at their true goodness and willingness to serve.

I have learned a lot about myself lately. #1, it takes a VERY humble person to accept service. It takes even more humility to accept service gracefully. The Lord knew how much I was lacking in this area.

Sure, ask me to serve and for the most part, I will try to be there and do whatever I can. I have learned that whatever service I impart, the Lord always blesses me in greater ways. I have also learned that when I serve, my problems and trials seem so much lighter.

Back to the being the servee. Not my best attribute, but the one the Lord is choosing for me to work on at this time. When first knowing that I would be in the situation that I would NEED help, I tried to do all I could to minimize that need.... ie: prepare Hayden in advance for anything he would need for school, try to organize my house as much as possible, try to set up everything I could in advance.

My plan has been shot out the window. I am down longer than expected and am having to behave much more than I ever planned on.

I am learning the blessings from being served. It has been so humbling. Each day, Hayden asks me, "Are those good tears or bad ones, Mom?". Oh, Good ones Hayden, good ones. As each sister has brought in a meal that has been made with love, I tear up. As each goodie is placed in Hayden's arms, I say a quiet prayer. As each wonderful woman utters that she and her family have been praying for mine, I try not to cry.

You see, I have never allowed anyone else the opportunity to serve me and do for me in the ways I have in the past month. I have allowed those I haven't known well, to completely see my weaknesses.

With tears streaming down my face, I think I have finally learned what the Savior has been trying to teach me. It isn't until we are served, that we understand the true importance of giving service. I thought I knew..... oh how much more my Savior has to teach me.

If the symptoms I am having lately are any indication of where things are headed, I think that I still have much to learn on this topic and oh so much more for the Savior to teach me. All I can say is, I think I am ready to learn more and allow others to continue carrying for, serving and showing unconditional and Christlike love for my family.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful and amazing sisters to teach me these concepts and I think I am finally to a point that I can look at my Savior and say, "Ok, I will let more of my pride go and allow more of my dear sisters to see my weaknesses. Go ahead Lord, teach me in any way that you still need to."

This road is not one I was planning on walking....

However, I am willing to go where the Lord asks me to go. This time, I am trying to not only go, but to go willingly, even if that means to a path where I am not very comfortable. As I embark on this next wave of being served, I hope to even learn more from these incredible daughters of God that are so willingly hearing the Savior's call and are coming to my rescue.

No comments: