Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beach Time

Life is getting really good! Having a 9 year old to watch on the beach is pretty much a piece of cake. I was able to relax, read, sleep, take naps on the sand, talk, enjoy the calming sound of the waves and listen to the chatter and laughter of my son and cute nieces and nephews. It was heaven!

Hayden sure changed this year, he loved being in the water with his cousins. He not only loved being in he water, he learned to boogie board. Luckily, the first time he rode a wave in the entire way, I was on the beach, camera in hand. I loved the smile on his face and the thumbs up that he gave me. It was such a tender and happy moment for me. I wasn't sure Hayden would ever enjoy the water with the other kids, but always be content in the sand. This year, he overcame his fear of boogie boarding, conquered his fear, succeeded at something he really did want to do and the most precious part for me, he wanted to share that very proud and monumental moment with me, his mom. Priceless for me; a moment I will always remember and cherish.
Hayden setting out to conquer a fear and a goal. Oh how I love this boy, his determination and his ability to overcome obstacles.
I love every moment that Brooklyn and Hayden enjoy playing well together. They are so much like siblings and are either the worst of enemies or best of friends. The moments that they connect and share with one another are absolutely priceless moments for me and Jodi. I sure hope that as they get older, that they will learn to lean on each other to make it through life's challenges and relish in each other's triumphs and joys. This trip definitely contained many more wonderful moments than challenging ones. This picture represents those wonderful moments of sharing and giving. They really are growing up.
What can I say? I love these two. Jodi is such an incredible sister. I spent so much time just chatting with her this year. I LOVED it! Heavenly Father gave me the most precious gift when he made the two of us sisters. And, my little Talmage man. I love how much he loves his Aunt Jer. At one point, he asked someone for a cookie and they told him, no. He said, "Jer do it!" Absolutely, that little boy immediately received a cookie! He is such a joy in my life!
My boy! Oh how he loves the water and the sand. His favorite place is where the water meets the best place to play in the sand, he gets wet but not too wet. Hayden's true heaven is definitely on the beach! I think he should have lived in California and he keeps begging Thomas and I to move to a beach house.
What a picture! The kiddos spent so much time sitting on their boogie boards waiting for the waves to come in and float them out farther in the water. I wish I would have captured it but one day everyone from Brigham to Kaylee were on their boards.... I loved watching them all interact and get along so well.
Hayden was showing Jodi and Suzi his muscles. He was so proud of himself. He had strict instructions that he was in charge of me. He had to carry the umbrellas, chairs, and sand toys down to the beach and then back up. I was on a strict lifting restriction and therefore Hayden had to pick up the slack. He took such good care of me and was so proud of himself.
Hayden is so lucky. Lots of cousins, tons of playmates, ocean waves and sandy beaches. We spent from 9 am to dinner time most days on the beach. We couldn't get the kiddos to leave, but why would they want to, it was perfect!

No comments: