Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Me and Thomas

Thomas was digging a huge hole for all the kiddos. It is amazing to me how long a big hole can keep the kiddos entertained. Thomas had been working on this hole for almost an hour and it was coming along great. That is, until I decided it would be nice to get a picture with Thomas inside the hole. I handed Jodi my camera and as I walked over, I fell down and brought about 1/2 of the dirt he had dug out back into the hole with me. Oops. Instead of getting mad at me... this is the sequence of pictures that occurred.

First, a little bit of a disgusted smile but then he just shook his head.
Next a smile that I was okay and he had to laugh because I was laughing so hard I was almost in tears.
Then our discussion of why I was even trying to climb in the hole.
Then, he hugged me... wrapped his arms around me. He told me how very much he loved me and how thankful he was to be at the beach with me.
Who wouldn't have wanted to kiss this amazing guy after his true concern for me, more than his hard work of re-building the hole would take.
To me, this just shows how much love my dear husband has for me. It speaks volumes. There are so many days when without trying, my actions or stumbles cause him more work. Yet, he doesn't complain. I may get a raised eyebrow, but other than that, instead of getting upset with me, he chooses to put his arms around me, pull my close and just love me. I am in awe of him and his ability to overlook my shortcomings and just love me completely. I am one lucky girl! And for the record, I would choose this guy over and over and over again!

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

He is a good guy and yes I can picture the raised eyebrow now. You are the perfect pair.