Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Boys

Hayden could NOT wait for his dad to get to the beach! He could hardly sleep the night before his dad arrived. He sure loves his dad and his favorite place with his dad is definitely the beach. Once his dad arrived, he had an entire list of things they needed to accomplish on the beach. I loved every minute of watching my boys play together.
I would consider this pure torture but Hayden loved it! Thomas buried Hayden and then proceeded to sit and tickle him. Hayden laughed hysterically. When he had had enough of his dad teasing him and tickling him, I hear a scream, "MOM, Help". Of course, after I took a picture, I made Thomas stop. :-)
They built huge sand holes which became forts, caves, a pirate cove and a transformer hangout.
What would life be without a water fight between them. Hayden grabbed a bucket and ran at Thomas and soaked him. Thomas got him back. The water fight, laughter, running, screeching, and taunting when on until I think Thomas was finished. He picked up Hayden, walked out into the ocean and just dunked Hayden. Hayden came up laughing and the boys called truce.

I love, love, love the friendship these two share. I watch them and my heart melts. Thomas is such a wonderful dad to Hayden. I love that for now, Hayden's best friend is still his Daddy. I hope these two continue to love to laugh, play practical jokes and enjoy each other. It is one of my favorite parts of the beach, watching the love these two share!

No comments: