Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby Weeks

A great couple in our ward just received a call last week and were told that there was a baby boy born the day before and told them that they could pick him up from the hospital the next day. They were THRILLED! They have been trying to adopt and were so very excited!

Lucky Me! They brought sweet little Ty over to meet me two days later. I loved holding a newborn. I cannot express how good that was for my soul. This little guy was so fresh from heaven. As I held him, I could feel his sweet spirit. Only 4 days previously, he was with our Father in Heaven. I cannot express the joy I felt holding him.

When he got hungry, I was able to feed him. Oh, how I love everything about newborns; their cries, sweet noises, the moment they open their eyes, their smell, soft skin, and sweet spirit. I felt such joy and love that only a newborn can bring. It is true, I fell in love instantly!
I loved watching Hayden with baby Ty. He was in awe and had all kinds of questions. Hayden kept wanting him to open his eyes and play. Too cute! I loved that Hayden sat there for over an hour just staring and asking questions and telling us stories. I was even sad when Hayden went to bed. He sure kept us all laughing with his take on newborns. I wish the video camera was going.
This is Ty's mom and dad. Aren't they the most beautiful family? I am in love with Ty and am hoping for lots of visits with him. I sure love his mom and dad and am so very grateful they brought him to see me.
In fact, I think I need to go call Sarah. I need another visit from this family, and soon!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Ohhhh Sweet! Nothing like holding a newborn in your arms. What a cute little family!