Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Popcorn

The other day, Hayden came home from school and wanted popcorn. I was great with that as his afternoon snack. Bummer when he realized we didn't have any.

About an hour later, a member in our ward brought in dinner. It was a wonderful meal of roast, hashbrown casserole, rolls and fruit salad. What was the highlight was she also brought a box of microwave popcorn and three different kinds of movie theater candy. She told Hayden that since his mom was on bedrest, maybe we could watch a movie together and pretend we were at the movie theater. He loved the idea.

That night when Hayden was saying his prayers, he said, "Heavenly Father thanks for taking care of us, all the way including making sure we had popcorn."

When he finished his prayer, I asked him about the popcorn. He said, "Mom, I had been asking for popcorn. Jesus is REALLY watching out for our family. Not only is He taking care of the big things like making sure you get well. He is even taking care of the little things like having the relief society bringing me in popcorn."

We talked. I cried. It is true. The Lord is taking care of everything, even down to my son wanting popcorn. Although this is a trial, we definitely are being very, very blessed.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, the faith of children...such a great reminder! Thanks for sharing.

Jodi Davis said...

I will never forget the popcorn story and the faith of a my cute guy.

Jamie Jo said...

AWESOME!!!