Monday, January 21, 2013

ASU game




Friday afternoon I received a call asking if Hayden and Thomas would be interested in four free tickets to the ASU/U of A basketball game in the 15th row on Saturday afternoon. When I asked Hayden, he responded, "uummm, yeah, are you kidding me? I would LOVE to go!!!" I was taken back by his response and excitement about the game. Jackson was with Hayden and telling me how much he loved basketball and I did remember hat he was on the schools's basketball team, didn't I? I laughed and told him of course he could go.

As Hayden was relaying the message to Thomas that there were four tickets to the game, he said, "Dad, the only question is, which of my friends do I give the fourth ticket to?" I laughed and laughed as I watched the excitement grow in anticipation of the game. They had to wear their ASU shirts. (They wanted to call and bug Uncle Troy and AuntnJodi about going to the game. I told them bad idea. I was pretty confident U of A might beat ASU.)

That night, after much deliberation and negotiation between Thomas and the boys and they decided that Joseph was the best fourth person to go to the game. Good call on Thomas' part. He was the perfect one to to cause any problems. (Doing all we can to encourage Hayden to love Scouts. Most the boys are a year older. Good call on choosing Joseph. Hayden is excited to see him at scouts this week.)

The boys loved the game. They loved having tickets to the suites for food. The boys were in heaven and loved every single minute of it. I heard stories all weekend about the fun of the game. What a special treat! First college basketball game and they were spoiled with all the upgrades. It was so fun for Thomas to get to experience that with Hayden and his friends. They laughed. They joked around. They talked loud. They were having so much fun.

We really are spoiled rotten by some wonderful family and friends that not only take care of our needs but also helps to have a lot of fun adventures. Thank you. Thank you. It was definitely a memory that will not be forgotten by Hayden or Thomas. I am especially grateful. I loved hearing their excitement and laughter and loud voices of everyone talking over the other to tell me about all of their adventures. It touches my heart so much! Grateful. Very very grateful!

No comments: