Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to work or away from work

Thomas headed back to work on January 2nd. It was a sad day for Hayden and I. Thomas has never had so much time off over Christmas. Neither have I. Even though I was down for most of the vacation, we sure had fun and enjoyed being together. I loved that Thomas was at home, even if in the other room, cleaning or organizing or hanging in the garage, he was close. He was right there if I needed him for anything.

Hayden loved that his dad would drop what he was doing to take a few minutes to see Hayden's latest creation, or stop to help him out with a video game he was stuck on, or help him figure out where the next lego part went. He also convinced his dad to take him and some friends to go see The Hobbit at the movie theater.

Thomas also got so many projects accomplished around the house. Me being down for over two years has really taken a toll on the deep cleaning of our house. Yes, the house is clean, floors mopped, bathrooms scrubbed, dishes done and beds made. I am talking about the closets that had taken over and the drawers that needed much cleaning out, not to mention our three car garage that we could barely fit one car into.

Thomas took room by room...starting with the art and game closet, sorted, cleaned out, sent a lot to a garage sale pile and tossed even more. He moved on to Hayden's closet, re-organized it, setting it up for all the new toys that Hayden had received for his birthday and Christmas. Organized all his lego kits into containers and downsized his books and toys. The toy room was next and I think Thomas was able to get rid of 75% of the closet. Toys galore were either scrapped, donated, held for the garage sale or put into organized containers. Food storage was rotated and expired stuff discarded.

Most of all, I was thrilled when he tackled both of our pantries. The food pantries, thanks to so many loving people, has been organized on/off over the past couple of years while the appliance pantry has taken on a world of its own. The door could hardly be shut and appliances were crawling out of the space. Thomas spent an entire day sorting, purging, taping with garage sale stickers and de-cluttering. It was amazing when we had several empty shelves now that he has touched his magic. He continued and went through each drawer, cabinent and space in the kitchen until everything was neat and tidy again.

I absolutely LOVE it!

He then tackled the garage.Organized the bikes, pumped up flat tires, put water in the storage containers and spified the place up. Sweeping and cleaning it all up nice and neat.

I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who took his two weeks off to take care of our house and put it back together in a way that is so neat and organized. I love that he loved me enough to know that it was driving me crazy that I could not do anything about it. I loved that he taught Hayden how to work, how to help and encouraged him along the way. He helped Hayden to do hard things and overcome his fears of some of the tasks.

All of this while still checking on me, meeting my needs, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner and finding time to play legos, play the wii, rub my feet, watch movies with me and make me and Hayden feel like we were the two most important people in his world.

Thomas is definitely the best decision I made in life. He is my trusted, hard-working, loving, caring, thoughtful, fun and amazing husband and I am so lucky he is mine. Hayden definitely has the best role model in the world to look up to. Thank you, Thomas for giving me the best gifts... the gift of you, your talents, your time, your thoughtfulness, your hard work and your love. I am more in love with you today than ever and more in awe of your tenderheartedness than I ever have been. You get better with each and every passing day. Hayden and I feel so blessed that you are ours. We love you...always!

No comments: