Saturday, January 19, 2013

Money Multiplies

One huge factor that Jodi and I did not take into account when we started this quest of raising money, was that when we started this fight, we partnered with our Savior.

My Savior has been at my side each and every day since this trial began. He has blessed me, comforted me, brought me peace, helped me find answers, helped me to hold on, loved me, worked miracles of all kinds, sent cherished tender mercies, taught me so many lessons and has spared my life.

As Jodi started her quest raising money through Cupcakes for a Cure, she did so with help from our Savior. As I have struggled to breathe, He has sustained my life. We have both asked for His help while trying to find a way to walk the path that has been placed in front of us.

Why I didn't see it at the time, I don't know. As I was reading my scriptures, my studies were brought back to 1 Nephi 3:7. "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

As Jodi and I talked about Cupcakes for a Cure and were overwhelmed by the sheer number of dozens of cupcakes that would need to be made in order to meet our goals, we left out the entirely biggest piece of the equation. We had partnered with the Savior.

When we partner with the Savior, we are promised if we bring our all to the table and give our time, talents and energy that The Lord will take our effort and gifts, magnify them and create something grand. We are required to give our all but when that falls short, He makes up the difference.

In the past couple of weeks, the outpouring of love, the extreme generosity of so many people and the number of cupcake orders has been astounding.

We are so much farther ahead than we ever dreamed of. Instead of looking too far up the road at what still needs to be raised, the health challenges that still must be faced and the ongoing struggle and battles that must be fought, we are looking at today. We are seeing that The Lord, our most gracious Savior is helping us. He is magnifying our efforts and preparing a way for us to do what he hath commanded.

It is a miracle unfolding right before our eyes. I am grateful for my Savior, His love for me, the many hearts He has touched so that we receive the financial and emotional support we need.

My love and appreciation is beyond words for my Savior, my husband, my son, my sister, my loving family and friends. With the Savior as a partner in finding a cure, I know we are on the right path. In Him, I am placing all of my faith and trust. I know that one way or another, He will help guide me to treatments, cures and the means in which to get there. What a beautiful gift to believe in Him and that He believes in me.

No comments: