Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Garage Sale Miracle

I have tried hard to write this post, but as I do, the tears flow so hard.

At the beginning of January, Jodi was going to have a garage sale and called to see if we wanted her to sell anything for us. We went thru and through and tried finding items that may help bring in some money to pay for our deductible and medical treatments I needed. We pulled out our patio set, treadmill, ping pong table and anything else that might bring in money.

Before the garage sale we had found out that all treatments were stalled until we could pay cash up front. Another post coming but we had no idea where or how to,get the money.

Ann was amazing and helped Jodi to run the garage sale. The two of them together sold most of our items. Jodi even sold their old car. While there, Hayden, Brooklyn and Brigham all sold candy and cupcakes to raise money for my medical treatments. Later, Jodi brought me over the money and it was more than our stuff brought in. She told me that we needed it more than I did. I cried and was so appreciative.

Later that day, Jodi's young men's president in her ward asked if the young men could do a service project and collect unwanted items and donations for our garage sale the following weekend. When she called to tell me, I again cried. Here is someone that doesn't know me, I am not in his ward, and has no obligation to me, yet he was trying to figure a way to help us out. I was beyond touched.

On Tuesday evening, after the young men dropped off the donations at Jodi's house, she called me in tears, stating that I would not believe all the incredible donations that came in and the sheer generosity and goodness of people. She picked me up on Wednesday and brought me over to her house to see all the donations; table and chairs, clothes galore, decorations, household goods, baby items, toys and all kinds of items. Jodi's garage was no longer clean but filled with generous donations. Tears welled up in my eyes at the sheer goodness of people.

An email was hen sent out to my ward asking for any items that people no longer wanted and we will pick it up. The donations again came pouring in.... A carload of baby items, tv's, 10 cars eats, crib, and boxes and boxes of clothes, shoes and incredible decorations. Again tears of gratitude and generous donations. And sheer awe of our friends generosity.

Friday came and it was the coldest weekend in Arizona for like 20 years. Still Jodi and Ann held the garage sale on Friday. More donations came in. We even received some very special donations from a couple of my dear friends that were dear to their hearts. (One lost a son a couple of years back to cancer and donated his most precious items. The other lost a brother and dropped off some of his items.). My awe and goodness for people continued. Many friends of mine and Jodi's gave huge monetary donations, as well. Jodi and I both were in awe of how great people are. How generous and loving others are.

Saturday morning came and with absolutely freezing temperatures, again Jodi and Ann, along with Julie, Thomas, Hayden, Brooklyn and Brigham held another garage sale. Even with freezing temperatures, people came and supported our sale.

My love, adoration and appreciation for so many people. I am in awe of the kindness and love that has been shown to our family. People really are good. And have huge hearts.

We will be holding another garage sale in February. If anyone has any items they no longer need, we will be happy to pick them up. Our gratitude is immense. Our thankfulness is beyond words. We definitely are surrounded by the most amazing family and friends ever.





2 comments:

Connie said...

So many wonderful blessings! It was so delightful to visit with you...I am so touched all the goodness . The Lord's hand is so evident!

Jodi Davis said...

I am still very much in awe of so many generous donations. Know that you are very, very loved and have made a difference to so many.