Thursday, January 31, 2013

Joy

There is nothing brings me as much joy as Hayden and my nieces and nephews. These sweet children have been amazing. They love me. They think it is great that I am willing to just sit on the couch and cuddle and listen. Slow down enough to soak up all their love and joy and stories and questions. With that, my relationship with each of these sweeties, has become so much deeper and richer.

I have discovered that no matter what the trial or challenge, there are always great points about where I am at. One of the greatest joys now.... My relationships with all the cute kids in my life!

This particular day, Jodi had to take Brigham some where.... Not sure. She told Brooklyn that she would pay her to watch me and Talmage. I was exhausted and knew getting off the couch was not going to be an option. I sat down on the couch, Talmage cuddled in and Brooklyn put on a movie. Before it started, both Talmage and I were asleep.

I awoke and moved from my spot to get my heart meds. Talmage fell down in my spot. When I, came to sit back down, since the two kids were on the couch, I sat in the chair. Within moments, Brooklyn was sitting next to me talking and cuddling. Talmage opened his eyes and saw Brooklyn and I on the chair, half asleep he crawled down and climbed on my lap and fell peacefully back to sleep.

So grateful that all these cute kiddos can see beyond my illness and just love me for who I am. No expectations. They just love that I cuddle. I love this role. I do love the life that I am currently living.


1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

They all love their Aunt Jer too! You are the best! I need to take a lesson out of your book and slow down and just "be" with them more.

I especially love the wall full of Diet Cokes :)