Friday, April 26, 2013

Cupcake Day

Jodi had another Cupcakes for the Cure cupcake making day. When she does, her munchkins come over the night before and spend the night. Thomas gets up and takes Hayden to school and then drops of Brooklyn and Brigham. Talmage hangs out with somedays, and others goes to his friends' house.

Talmage is funny, especially when he spends the night. The older kids have a slumber party on my floor. But, Talmage, absolutely not. He makes Uncle Thomas hold him until he falls asleep and then he wants to cuddle with Thomas all night. As evident by these pictures, Thomas absolutely loves it!

However, this day was different. Brigham got sick during the night and Hayden needed to miss with some things going on at school. So it was a party at our house. Me and the three boys had a party day.
I tried to make it fun, after I got Brooklyn ready for crazy hair day. When my little miss found out that she was staying at my house on an important day like crazy hair day, she panicked. I reassured her that although I am terrible at doing hair, crazy hair day is right up my alley. I can make hair look crazy, just not good. She was thrilled with the results and said it was her second best crazy hair day ever. Not too shabby for one who can hardly brush and do my own hair.

Brigham wanted an "Afro circus" hair do. I tried. Talmage and Hayden were so cute swinging ipon the bench while I conquered hair.
After Brooklyn was at school, Hayden helped the boys make their own cardboard swords. They loved them. Hayden was a great babysitter! He played and played with Brigham and kept him entertained.

Talmage spent most the day on the couch with me. Although he did play with the older boys on and off.

It was one of the craziest cupcake days ever. The support was phenomenal, as usual. I am so grateful for all the co tuned support and love shown to me and my family. I am forever grateful.

Suzi came and took me to the doctor and watched the boys while I was gone. Lots of new answers and diagnosis to deal with but that is a post for another day. Still getting my own head wrapped around my future. I am so grateful for all those that support us and help us to juggle all we need with rides, diet cokes, babysitting, doctor appointments, etc. etc.

By the time Thomas walked in the door, I was exhausted and headed right to bed. I am so grateful that I only have one child during this time. What I once thought was my biggest trial ever has sincerely become a blessing. Hayden plays so well independently that I am lucky to not have to get up very often. Jodi's kids were great, just busy. Thank heavens I let Hayden stay home or I would have had to call in reinforcements. (Other than Thomas coming home from work to feed the kids lunch. And Suzi taking over for several hours while I went to doctor and took a nap.)

I love my life. I am tired. I am exhausted. But I am here. I am ever so grateful to still be here.

No comments: