Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter's Memorable moments

 Easter brought many touching moments. It is honestly one of my favorite weeks of the year. We try our hardest to spend the entire week focused as much on the Savior and the last week of his life, as possible.

 As we spent each evening watching video clips on the Savior, listening to the prophets speak of the events of that sacred week of events, read the scriptures of the recorded events and talked of the importance of all the events, our hearts were touched and we were able to learn so much. We each gained a greater depth of appreciation and understanding of the Atonement.

Some of my favorite events of the week included:
  • Easter Sunday at church. The talks were amazing. The Spirit was so strong. There were some beautiful musical numbers. Beautiful service.
  • A friend sang a beautiful arrangement of "I know that my Redeemer lives".  As she sang I felt as if the Savior wrapped his loving arms around me assuring me that He lives.
  • Hayden's face on Easter morning as he rounded the hall and saw a new backpack in lieu of a basket, both confusion and joy stretched across his face.
  • Listening to Hayden bear his testimony of the Atonement of his Savior.
  • Hayden asking to learn more each night and not wanting to stop talking of the miracles of the Savior. His desire to learn and understand exceeded even my hopes.
  • Sitting on the couch watching clips of the Savior work miracles. 
  • Testifying to Hayden of the Atonement and how it works in our lives.
  • Mine and Thomas' study of these same events after Hayden was asleep trying to expand our own understanding and appreciation for these sacred events.
  • The joy that comes from knowing that while the Savior was in Gethsemane, not only did he atone for my sins and wrong doings, but also my pain, my heartache, my unfulfilled desires and my suffering.
  • How much I need the atonement.
  • Realizing how much the atonement has played out in my life this past couple of years.
  • The gratitude I feel at this time of year when I take the time to remember my Savior and all that he has done for me personally. 
  • Testifying to Hayden that He Lives! He lives! Two simple words that empower all that I try to do in my life. For this knowledge, I am so grateful.  

No comments: