Thursday, April 4, 2013

Family Night

Hayden came home from school and had a "psychic" vision. His vision was that we were headed out of town this weekend to go to Disneyland. I told him his psychic visions were about as good at Shawn Spencer's. That was about as far from the events happening as could be unless he considered a weekend in pajamas, with yummy cinnamon rolls, listening to General Conference, eating treats and delicious food a "staycation".

We all laughed. He then asked about going to the movies. He wanted to see G.I. Joe. Would his psychic vision be accurate if we were to go on a school night?

His Dad laughed and said, why not. We all loaded in the car and headed to the movies. I am trying so hard to start doing more normal life things again.

Talmage fell asleep not long into the movie. At one point he picked up his head, looked up at me and said, "Jer, if I go to sleep will Thomas have a donut for me when I open my eyes in the morning?" Oh how much I laughed and laughed at him. I may have dozed a little too during the movie. But we had an adventure thanks to Hayden's psychic visions.  Glad he is so much fun.

During the night, I woke up and went to sleep on the couch while the pain subsided. When I came back to get in bed with Thomas, Talmage was in my spot. I climbed in bed and Talmage immediately rolled over to cuddle with me. After cuddling for a while I was tired and just wanted to sleep. I tried moving him and he told me no. I gave up and went back to the couch. After a couple more hours I was going to attempt  bed again. This is what I found. Oh how I love these boys and that they are both such cuddle bugs.
Thomas and I laughed and laughed at both of them cuddled up in the bed. These are the moments that I cherish. It won't be long and I am sure Hayden will stop finding his way into our bed. And although it is quite obnoxious while I am sleeping, I love it when I am awake. I love these boys. They make my life wonderful and magical and exciting.

No comments: