Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Davis gang

Thomas came to pick me up from Jodi's after priesthood session of conference. Brigham ran up to Thomas, hugged him and begged him to go pick up the nerf guns that Hayden was giving to him. Brigham was being so cute that Thomas had to say yes.

Talmage heard Brigham was going to our house and ran to the car. Brooklyn quickly followed. It is not often that Thomas and I have all Jodi's kiddos without Hayden and so we decided a quick run thru McDonalds for ice cream comes was in order. Jodi heard the plan to celebrate Thomas' birthday and jumped in the car with us. After a quick stop by our house to pick up the bag of hand me down toys for Brigham, we were off for yummy ice cream cones.

The kids were so cute and so excited. As Brigham pulled toy after toy and nerf gun out of the bag, the bigger his smile grew and he was so excited. Talmage loved the goggles and immediately put them on. Thomas and I relished in these precious moments spent with the cute Davis munchkins.

We hadn't told the kids where we were going, so when we pulled up to McDonalds for ice cream cones, they were ecstatic! We laughed, chatted and had the best time.

It was a very short outing. Maybe 20 minutes tops in the car, if that. But it was so much fun. It was a memory I will always cherish. I loved getting out, listening to the excitement in the kids voices and seeing the excitement that a bag of hand me down toys and ice cream cones brought to these cute kids lives that I love. It was a perfect way to celebrate Thomas' birthday!





No comments: