Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ditch day

Whether Hayden was needing a ditch day or I was needing Hayden to have a ditch day is debatable. Regardless, I let him stay home from school for some mom and son bonding time.

We watched movies, played games, talked, watched mormon channel messages, took a long nap, ate treats and cuddled on the couch.

There is nothing that makes my heart as happy as precious time spent with Hayden really connecting and talking and bonding.

He loved this precious day as much as I did.

We really talked. He asked questions I believe he had tried to get the nerve up to ask of a long time. He asked how close I came to dying. He communicated of his fears during this past two years and the moments he was comforted by the Holy Ghost. He spoke of his own miracles, answers, comforting moments and lessons learned. He was the teacher and I the student.

We cuddled. I spoke of miracles I was blessed with. I spoke of the peace that the Holy Ghost brought when I wasn't sure of the outcomes, the faith required to walk this road and the strength and hope Hayden always brought.

We played games. We laughed. We talked of school and the courage he has to walk his days. The example he is to so many. My hopes and dreams for his future. The qualities that he has and who he is in the Lord's eyes.

It was a great bonding moment. I realized how much my boy has matured and grown up in the past year. He has been strengthened and taught, just as I have. Remarkably, he is so much stronger and has gained so much as he has learned to rely on his Savior and friend for comfort, reassurance and peace.

I am so lucky to be Hayden's mom. I am in awe that The Lord chose me to be this amazing boy's mom. He has so much potential. He is going to do great things in this life. He will bring many people to our Savior. He will stand up for the right.

The responsibility and weight of training him to be the man that he is destined to become has been impressed upon my mind. I have been rededicated to doing all I can to help shape him into the man that he was born to be. To really partner with Thomas and our Savior in being the best parent I can be. To try harder and be a better mom.

It was exactly what I needed. My boy strengthened me and lifted me up. He helped me to reach deep inside and find the strength to try harder, be better and love more. He is one great kid!

No comments: