Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Convention

A couple of weeks ago, I was blessed to meet with Dr. Hill, while he was teaching a convention in Mesa. I was so grateful for the time I was able to spend with him talking to me, teaching me, helping me and giving me guidance and direction. 

As we spoke  my heart was overcome with inexpressible peace. Dr. Hill is an amazing man. Words cannot express the overwhelming goodness that can be felt while in his presence. As he spoke, I felt the Holy Ghost teaching me, guiding me, and bearing witness of the truthfulness of Dr. Hill's advice and inspired words. Understanding came upon my mind, as I understood more what was taking place in my brain. I understood the swelling, how the infection was wreaking havoc on my body, how the seizures play in and the toll all of these things are taking on my body. 

Most of all, when Dr. Hill wrapped me in a hug, I felt hope. 

After we met, Jodi and I stayed at the conference to try and learn more about the brain, neurology and how amazing our bodies are and how we can help our bodies to heal themselves. 

Most of all, I was in awe if the events that conspired to be able to lead me to this place of healing and learning. 

Hours prior to needing to leave to meet with Dr. Hill and attend the conference, I couldn't walk and or see. I awoke in excruciating pain that morning. My legs were stiff, wouldn't move and the pain shooting out was horrendous. My brain must have had extreme swelling because I was struggling to see and words were all blurred together, as well as images on the tv and around me. I could not see clearly, gut only in a very blurry and muted sort of way. I was vomiting because of the sheer pain I was in. 

I was devastated. Here I needed to meet with Dr. Hill and I couldn't walk or see. To calm me down, Thomas placed his hands in my head and through the power of the priesthood, called down the powers of heaven. The Savior lovingly helped bring peace, relief, comfort and strength. In the blessing, I was told that I needed to see the power of the Savior. I had to know that the strength and energy to go meet with Dr. Hill and attend the conference ONLY came as a gift from the Savior. The strength I would receive would not be my own, but His! I felt temporary healing shoot throughout my body. Relief came in forms of pain relief, ability to move more freely, my sight returned and I felt a calmness and love and peace encircle me. Gratitude enfolded me. 

As I look back, I am still in awe of the gifts and tender mercies that The Lord gives each day. I was able to sit and be taught about my body. Interestingly enough, when the things I needed to learn were done, so was my body. I struggled to walk to the car and the drive home brought out the exhaustion, unimaginable pains and the return of my body's frailties. I fell onto the couch and didn't move for the next several days. 

I again experienced the power and miracles of the Savior. He continues to give me what I need. He teaches me and guides me to health. He is always with me and walks this journey with me. Words cannot express my love and devotion to my sweet Savior. I do stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Today and every day. I love him. I bear witness of him. He lives!

No comments: