Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Self motivated

As we were driving down the road to the doctor, Hayden was telling me about school and the hard requirements this year. He said, "Mom, this is a challenging school year. So you can't just pull me out any time you are missing me. I really need to be in school so I don't miss anything important."

I laughed as I hadn't talked about pulling him out. He knows me and how much I am missing him being gone all day. I love that he is taking responsibility for himself. I find joy in the days that he self regulates and I don't have to do it all for him. He is understanding so much more and becoming a responsible preteen. 

I couldn't love you more, Hayden! I am so proud of who you are and the person you are so wonderfully developing into. With your hard dedication, you are going to do great in sixth grade!

No comments: