Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me!

I survived to make it to another birthday! This year I celebrated that I survived the past year and so looked forward to a day of celebration. 

I was lucky enough to get to go to breakfast with this cute boy and his momma. I loved Talmage cuddling up to me while we awaited our apple stuffed French toast to cook. I loved being out of the house and enjoying time with my sister and sweet nephew. 

We laughed. We talked. We discussed parenting. How to help our kiddos. Jodi's remodeling project and anything and everything else. Talmage cuddled and told me a lot of knock knock jokes. Such a fun age. 

We headed home to watch a movie at my house. I think. Made Jodi a little uptight that our outing caused me to go into seizures. I came to with her pointing the laser at my head and giving me frankincense to take. It was worth going out and having those precious moments even if a seizure occurred. 
At lunch time, Julie picked Hayden up from school, grabbed my favorite macadamia nut chicken from Kona Grill and spent the afternoon with me. Hayden even had Grandma Julie go to Baskin Robbins and get me an ice cream cake. So yummy! 

Ann and Toni Call stopped by in the late afternoon ad brought me these gorgeous coral roses. We chatted and talked and had a great time. I sure love and adore them! 

Suzi picked up Iceberg yummy fries and shakes for dinner and came over. Hayden was so worried that I wasn't going to have a cake and begged Suzi to help him make one. Thomas had to work late so he was so bummed. Ann came over, too and spent time just hanging out. 

When Thomas came home, he arrived with these pink and purple roses. So pretty. I loved how they all looked together. I was thrilled that we were able to spend some time together. 
Haydn enjoyed making and decorating my cake. It sure was yummy! He did a fantastic job!
I honestly felt encircled in love. So many people sent wonderful texts, Facebook messages, called and stopped by. I felt such love. 

I am grateful for all the wonderful people in my life that make me feel like a million bucks. Most of all, I am grateful to be a mom to my sweet Hayden and a wife to my beloved husband. They fill my world with joy and love. What a pretty perfect day! 

I am ready for the new adventures, lessons ready to be learned and the blessings this year will bring. Let the journey begin!

No comments: