Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Guitar

Hayden's dream is to be a rocking guitar player. He wants to start a band. He loves music. He has a great voice. He has amazing music understanding. 

When we found an electric guitar on Craigslist, well, we bit the bullet, paid the $30 and decided to break down and purchase him his guitar. Suzi is going to put Hayden I guitar lessons. 

I am guessing that I will grow to have a love/hate relationship with this guitar.  All love Hysen living his dreams and developing a talent. I am not sure about all the practice reminders I will have to give and the "do I have to practice now" statements that inevitably will come. And I am not sure if my ears are ready for loud guitar sounds. 

Ready or not, my mom and dad let me live my dreams. They encouraged my interests. They put up with my banging on the piano when I didn't want to practice, the tears when the cello hurt my fingers and made callouses, the high pitched squeaks of a flute and unending pounding from dancing my way through the house and everywhere I went. Oh yes. I tortured my parents. My mom always wished she would be around for my kids to,whine and complain at me for being, "the meanest mom in the world," for making them practice like I lovingly told my mother when I had to practice instead of play. 

Here we go. Let the music adventure begin!

No comments: