Thursday, January 1, 2015

Broken hearted Momma

What do you do when your best friend says hurtful and cruel things to you? What do you do when someone does it to your precious child? 

One of Hayden's best friends called and wanted to come over on Monday. Hayden was excited. Happy and excited to have someone to playing his new video games with. Thrilled to have two days of playing video games, laughing and watching movies. 

However, things didn't go well. His friend spent the entire time on his cell phone. Then would only log on and play his own games and tell Hayden he wasn't good enough of a player to play. He continued to insult him. 

The next day things got worse. 

His friend continued to say mean comments and things went from bad to worse. Then when I told him that we were not going to the movies or anything, he really started in on Hayden. He said things that were outright despicable. He called Hayden names, he told him he didn't like him and only liked him for the perks of our home but he didn't like Hayden. 

Hayden was heartbroken. He sobbed. His best friend told him he really didn't like him. 

Things went from bad to worse. I couldn't find anyone to take him home. I separated the boys into two different rooms, me with Hayden and I hugged him and told him stories of friends hurting me. We talked of heartbreak and friends disappointing and hurting others. We talked of others hurting us when they hurt badly themselves. 

It was a sad night for my boy. A day where he felt the anger and hurt of others and the pain they can cause the innocent. 

After this said friend left, my heartbroken boy shed tears and asked if he didn't have to see his friend for a long time. I agreed it was best. 

We talked. I assured him of his worth. I assured him of how many people love and adore him. I reassured him that the mean comments made, the rude words and hurtful feelings were all actions and feelings from one hurting and trying to reflect those feelings onto one he wished he was more like. He calmed down but still felt the hurt and pain. 

My sweet boy then hugged me and thanked me for being his mom and such a perfect one for him. His tenderness melted my hurt. The anger did not encompass my boy. Instead he showed love and compassion. 

My son, my boy, my precious Hayden is amazing. I love him. He is so good. So very very good hearted. I'm the luckiest mom to have him as my teacher, my example and my strength. He is precious to me in every way. 

No comments: