Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chad's birthday

Chad turned 17 years old. Oh how we love and adore Chad. One of our greatest blessings of 2014 was Chad moving in down the street. He brightens our lives. He is so great to Hayden. He is a help to Thomas. And brings so much joy to my life. I love his philosophies. I love how his mind works. I love his sense of humor. I love his OCD tendencies and funny ways he plays practical jokes on all of us. He has a heart of gold. 

We celebrated a couple of times. First Suzi and Hayden celebrated with Chad at IHOP. Hayden and Chad are so much alike. 

Then Lisa had a birthday party for him with all of us, all of her family and Bobbie and Roger. 

We celebrated with his favorites.... Wings and deviled eggs and chicken and brownie sundaes. 

I loved watching Lisa desperately try to get Chad to put the birthday hat on. Oh Chad. He is his own character that we love. 

Josh and Chad are so funny together. Josh adores his younger brother. I love watching them interact. 
Josh holds a very special place in my heart. He has brought joy to my life for over 20 years. His smile. His goofiness. His laughter. 
Chad is Chad. He received several funny shirts. We bought him one that said "despite the look on your face you continue to keep talking". Suzi gave him one that said, "sarcastic comment loading". And Katie got him one that said, "I'm not arguing, just explaining why I am right!"
Trying to get Chad to blow out candles and sing to him.... Difficult at best. He doesn't like attention. He is hilarious. 
Chad also received many many food gifts. Goldfish, chops, slim Jim's, Mountain Dew and more. 
Katie is a joy. So sweet. So calm. So absolutely amazing. 
I love the faces of Chad. I love the Etherington's and that they live a few doors down. They make our lives so much better. And bring fun and joy to our lives. 
We have Chad a candy bar poster and Mountain Dew and a shirt. My favorite was the love from the 3 Murphy Musketeers Thomas, Jerlyn and Hayden. And the two airheads, Max and Maya. 

Happy Birthday, Chad! We love and adore you. And are so grateful for the gift of you in our lives. 

No comments: