Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cardiologist

How frustrated am I? 

November 12th Hayden went in for his annual cardiologist visit. The cardiologist sent Hayden for tests. Two hospitals in a day. Rush. Rush. Rush. Then stress tests and treadmill tests. We were told we would hear back prior to Thanksgiving. 

It's now February. We know Hayden needs heart surgery. Two of the four wires that are holding his sternum together have severed. One is poking into his heart and he other is poking it into his lungs. 

We are now waiting on surgery date and times and surgeons to call and waiting for what type of surgery and on and on and on. 

I'm so very very tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of trying to get answers and trying to get doctors to call back. 

But he is my son. I will continue to fight. I will continue to try to get answers. I will figure this out. Until then, each day I will awake and call the doctors and surgeons. And await a surgical date and time. 

I'm praying for a quick recovery. A quick surgery. And a quick time period for this to be over. 

No comments: