Monday, July 13, 2015

Fourth of July

Bucket list item - check! 
Fourth of July watching fireworks on the beach. 

Suzi took us to Cali and paid for a hotel in San Diego. We stayed close to the naval yard. We watched the fireworks from the big rocks at the harbor and were able to see 5 barges setting off fireworks across the ocean. It was amazingly beautiful. It was something I had always dreamed of doing. 

It was even better than my expectations or my dreams. I. So grateful for the opportunity. 

We left early Friday morning and headed to San Diego. We went to the movies and to lunch before heading or our hotel. I was exhausted and spent the rest of the night sleeping while Suzi and Hayden hit mission beach. Thomas faithfully stayed by my side. 

Saturday, we attempted the beach but it was so crowded and not. I thought I would have to forego my dream and create a new one. 

We stayed at a awesome hotel with a wonderful pool, goofy golf course and fun activities. We sat by the pool and swam and ate lunch. The boys swam I should say. I watched. Then we headed over to the harbor just before the fireworks and got a prime spot. 

It ended up being perfect. 

Thomas had to leave early Sunday morning for work and suzi and Hayden and I headed to oceanside. 

It was better than expected and so grateful to check off another bucket list item. 

1 comment:

Julie Knapp said...

Wow! What a great photo. Your dogs, mine and I would love to be feeling that cool ocean breeze instead of the hot Queen Creek air today. Your pups are doing great but missing all of you. I think they are ready for you to come home.