Sunday, July 19, 2015

Oceanside

We arrived at the condo at Oceanside. As we pulled up, Hayden spoke the words that were in my,heart, "I'm home!"  He then asked why this felt like home. I told him it is our annual tradition and a place that makes us feel good and just together. All the many years to happy memories come flooding back and it warms the heart. I have a lifetime of memories from the beach. I'm grateful for each one. 

Hayden loves his cousins. He loves being with them. The first week we soak in time with Suzi, Jake and Rosie and Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley. Since no one else is here that first week. 

Hayden and Kiley made their own lounge chairs on the beach. They dug in the sand, boogie boarded, jumped in the waves, watched movies and had so much fun. 
Hayden and Katelyn are the absolute bestest of cousins and friends. I love listening to them talk and laugh. They were almost inseparable this week. So much fun!!! They are the two closest cousins in age. Only 8 months apart. Love them and their relationship. 

Hayden absolutely idolizes his Uncle Jake. Jake is great to him and took him out in the waves and helped him. He has Hayden's back as they are he only two guys this first week. They stick together. They laugh and tease and have so much fun. I love watching them together and am so grateful Jake is so good to Hayden. 

Of course, we adore Suzi. Hayden loves her. They have fun no matter what they are doing. Everyone should have an aunt suzi. She is so great to Bubba. He adores her so much. 
The first couple of days at the beach were perfect. Cool weather. Overcast. My favorite days on the beach. 
Of course, playing games is our nightly routine. 
One of Hayden's best moments was me letting him eat directly out of the carton. A first. I figured it was fine as no one else would be eating cotton candy ice cream. He thought he had arrived in life. It's the little things that mean the most. This is part of my new goal to say "yes" whenever possible. 
Hayden is growing up. Way. Too. Fast!!! He is a teenager. 
And I love every single minute with him. I absolutely adore him. 
The first week was so much fun. Of course we missed Thomas but we had fun! I'm so grateful for each memory made and each moment of time I was able,to spend her with my son. I love creating lasting memories for him. And there is no where I would rather be than oceanside. My home away from home. 

No comments: