Sunday, July 26, 2015

My strength and hope

I love that I follow some great inspirational people on Instagram. As I look through my feed, he quotes and images sometimes feel as if they were inspired to post for my benefit. I read them and oray to be able to grasp the concept in my heart and apply it in my daily life. 

This one came as I walked in from surgery. Things needed done. I was miserable. In this simple post, I was reminded that all I have to do each day is what my Savior asks me to do. I out so many unreasonable and demanding expectations on myself and beat myself up when I can no longer do what I think I should. This was a reminder that the Savior is kind and gentle and loving. He understands bad days and heartache and illnesses and life. He also knows that Somedays just surviving is enough. 
Most days I feel so incredibly week. I am winded physically by he time I walk to the front door. I need a break when walking to the couch. Just switching the laundry can cause me to take a nap. This quote came when I was feeling insignificant and unworthy of my life. I was reminded that our Savior understand the perseverance that it takes to battle this disease. He understands the strength it takes to fight each day to walk and breathe and endure. He lovingly reassured me that life is more than what physical tasks I can accomplish. He loves me and my spiritual strength and my willingness to follow him. 
My Savior is my best friend. He is the reason I remain string. He has walked every day with me. He has held me, comforted me, strengthened me, encouraged me and loved me. He has taught me so many vital truths.  He is my Savior and truest friend. He is why I continue to try and give my all. I love Him. 
Life is sometimes hard. This made me remember that life was meant to be enjoyed and appreciated. After all, God created the ocean waves and mountains and forest trees. He created lakes and streams and beautiful sunsets. His beauty is all around. Nature rejuvenated me. It is a testimony to me that God is real. And He loves us. 
As I have walked my own trials, I have had so many people ask me if I have faith why doesn't the Savior heal me. Or what have I done wrong to have to endure so much. I questioned me. However, as I have studied he life of Joseph Smith, Job and all those that have incredibly trying lives, they have all walked with Christ. As I try to do my best, I am reminded that when things get rough, we were sent here to be tried and tested. We were sent here to learn and grow and overcome trials. I love reading the lives of those hat have sacrificed all for our Savior. I love Him and all those that are great examples to me. I'm ok. As long as I continue to have faith and try, I will succeed. 

I'm grateful for all those that take the time to inspire others. Their work has influenced my life. I'm grateful for the inspired messages. They bless my life daily. 

No comments: