Monday, September 28, 2015

15th anniversary

Happy anniversary to my incredible husband. I am so lucky this amazing man is mine. He is kind and loving and caring. He is humble and Christlike and full of faith. He honors his priesthood. He cherishes and respects his role as husband and father. He loves us and does all he can to constantly serve us. 

Thomas is remarkable. He works hard. He serves often and willingly and quietly. He honors and respects his priesthood and lives to be worthy to use it. He tries his best to be a humble and obedient servant of God and disciple of Jesus. 

This morning when I awoke, I looked around for him. He was quietly kneeling by the bed in prayer. I watched him. I said a prayer of gratitude for him. When in doubt, the first thing he does is pray. Whether it is about my health or how to parent or whether or not to attend events or how to proceed with a problem. He is a great man. He is humble. He is incredible. 

This man wakes up each morning early. He gets me a diet coke. He makes me breakfast. He takes out the trash and starts laundry. He grocery shops. He cleans. He heads to work. But before he leaves, he makes sure I have everything I need. 

He works hard all day. His peers always comment on his willingness to do anything and help everyone. He comes home and picks up prescriptions and run errands. He makes dinner. He helps around the house. Them he will rub my feet. Help me. And spends quality time with Hayden. 

I'm so blessed. I'm so grateful. I picked a great man to be my husband and partner for time and all eternity. I'm so grateful for him. I love you, Thomas. Happy 15 years. Forever and ever to go. 

No comments: