Monday, September 28, 2015

Oreganos & doctor appointments

Suzi and Hayden took me to what was supposed to be a 15 minute doctor appointment. Hours later, I came out. Poor Hayden. He had finished his homework and listened to an entire book on cd. And he was absolutely starving to death. 

I told him we could go anywhere. I meant Burger King or McDonald's. He threw out oregano's. I was exhausted and working out and miserable from more neurological exams and tests. But felt awful that he and suzi sat in the car for several hours. So I agreed as long as he ordered off the quick lunch menu. 
This boy of mine had never had a pzookie. He was so excited to get one. Boy how he loved it. 

That night he told his dad all about our adventures. He loves life. With me not getting out often, a visit to a restaurant and getting dessert is a real treat. He was in heaven and kept thinking it was the greatest adventure we had had in a long time. 

I wish I could do this more often but cherish the moments we get to have adventures. And with an oregano's opening by our house, we may be in trouble. I think he may be willing to pass up the actual food but that pzookie. He is in love with it. Best dessert ever according to him. I love this smile. I'm so grateful he appreciates everything. 

No comments: