Monday, September 28, 2015

Dallin

My sweet nephew, Dallin, received his mission call. They had everyone over, hundreds of people, to open his call. He was called to serve in the Kansas Whitchita mission, Spanish speaking. He reports to the MTC in Mexico on Jan 20, 2016. 

My dad's dad, my grandpa Lester Bud Simonton and his eleven siblings were from there. He moved with a brother to Florida where he met my grandma, Alma Elizabeth Thornton, and they got married. The rest of the Simonton's stayed back in Kansas.  So, it will be fun for Dallin to teach some of his relatives. 

I'm grateful for Dallin. I am grateful for all the ways that he is an example for the younger ones. 

I cherish Dallin. When he was 5 years old, my Hayden sat in NIcU, he was struggling to breathe. Christmas Eve was a rough day. Very very rough day. Hayden wasn't doing well. He was so sick and struggling to stabilize. They told us to expect the worst. Christmas Eve night, Dallin prayed for Hayden. Two things he was worried about. 1) he prayed that Santa could find Hayden in the hospital. And 2) he prayed that Jesus would heal Hayden. He even said he would give up all his presents if Jesus would heal Hayden for Christmas. I was so touched. 

Imagine my surprise when I woke up on Christmas morning and Hayden was breathing on his own. Something we were told not to hope for for months, if at all. We received our Christmas miracle. I know the Savior heard all of our prayers. But I know that our precious Savior heard a five year old boys prayer that he was willing to give up his gifts for his cousin to be healed. Sheer sacrifice. Sheer love. 

Also, Santa and Mrs Claus and his elves came to visit Hayden in the hospital. Both of Dallin's wishes came true. We received our own Christmas miracle. 

I know Dallin will be a fabulous missionary and bless the lives of many. I love you, Dallin and so proud of who you are. 

No comments: