Monday, September 28, 2015

Worth

Oh how I love this quote. Oh how I needed to see this. I need to plaster this next to me. 

As I ran across this quote, my little heart testified of the truth of these profound words. 

Life is hard. It is supposed to be. The plan was to try us in all things. Not in some things. Not in the easy things or the bearable things. But all things. 

So often, too often, I find myself valuing myself or my worth on the options of others. Why? Those that are the closest to me, cherish me. 

Thru many priesthood blessings, I have had the privilege and blessing to hear directly from my Father in Heaven, how HE feels about me. What good I do. What qualities of mine he appreciates. How he is pleased with me. How he knows of my faith and trials and that the path I walk is difficult. That I am precious and beloved and known by my loving Father in Heaven. He reassures me I am his. 

So why then does it effect me so badly when those I want love from or help from ignore me? What does it hurt when they do not see my value or worth? Why does it tear at my heart when they are unable to see me for who I am? Why is their love and acceptance so critical to me valuing myself? 

I think we all experience these moments. 

How many people really see us. Know us. Even those around us don't see what happens day and night. They see small glimpses. Momentary examples and then create the rest. Yes, we get judged. Our job is to rise above it and listen to how God, our loving Father feels about us. To take what he sees in us and magnify it. To truly become his. 

If God himself values us. Which he does. What does it matter what a human thinks? God sees all. He knows us. He knows us better than anyone. And if we have his love, if he values us, if he believes we are valuable and precious. What else matters? 

I'm going to spend more time focused on those that do value me and love me. And quit allowing those that are blind to who I am, control how I feel about myself. I'm not perfect. I have many weaknesses.  I have my struggles. But I am a cherished child of God. I am his daughter. He loves me. He thinks I am enough. He sees the good in me. 

I have a loving husband that I am so blessed that sees the good in all. He cherishes me. He loves me. He thinks I have great value. I have a son that adores his momma. He loves me. His is my friend. He values me. I have such an amazing support system. They love me and value me and cherish me. And I all of them. 

So today, I will choose to value myself. I will choose to see the good in me and make that good help others. Today I choose to not allow those who do not really see me to determine my value. But to focus on all those amazing people that my loving Father in heaven has placed in my,life. Because honestly, I am surrounded and valued by some pretty amazing people. 

No comments: