Monday, September 28, 2015

Bloody nose- may want to skip.

One of the scariest moments....

A couple of weeks ago, I asked Hayden to let the dogs in and warned him I felt like I was going to pass out. I was safe and in bed....he needn't worry. As he let the dogs in, he sneezed. A bloody nose started. I was so weak and light headed. He yelled for me and told me it want normal but squirting everywhere. All over. I rushed to him. Our bathroom looked like a crime scene. I pinched his nose as he stood over the toilet for 15 minutes or so. I called lisa as I felt like I was going down. She wasn't home. 

I called Chad. He rushed down. He told me to sit while he helped Hayden to the sink and tried to get it to stop. I called Thomas and told him to rush home as Hayden was getting sick from the blood loss. It had now been over a half an hour and it was gushing.  Was getting nervous. This had never happened to Hayden before. When Thomas got home, Hayden had been bleeding for almost an hour and it wasn't slowing down. Thomas applied more ice and pressure as Chad and I had done. Finally, Thomas got it to slow enough but when he let go of his pressure points, the bleeding rushed again. Thomas took Hayden to urgent care to get his nose cauterized. It was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. (amoxicillin). Poor boy. He lost so much blood. 

I tell this for several reasons:
1) recording history 
2) to record the lord's hand in our lives. I was given strength and my passing out had stopped. I was given extra help until help arrived. Chad was home, awake, answered and rushed over to help. Thomas was able to leave work. They figured out the allergic reaction. And he bleeding stopped without cauterization. 

I'm in awe of how much I (we) are watched out for. Hayden was weak after but was able to regain his severe blood loss and hold on until his dad could get him help. Our Savior gives us what we need. He watches out for us. He loves us. He is in the details of our lives. Each and every day and always. 

As Thomas rushed Hayden to urgent care, Chad stayed with me as I was so weak. I'm so grateful for loved ones that care for us. That love us and help us. I'm grateful I wasn't alone after I had stood for so long. I felt safe with Chad here. Our loving Savior took care of Hayden and me. 

Not a day goes by that I don't see his hand. His love. His help. His guidance. He walks with us. It's when we search for him that we see his tender mercies and love. For him, for his help, for his love, for his tender mercies, I'm forever grateful. 


No comments: