Saturday, February 20, 2016

Come take my hand

I love Facebook and Instagram for the goodness I find on their. My feeds are filled with inspirational quotes and friends. I follow lds.org, mormon.org, and all the prophets and general authorities. As well as conference talks and missionary groups. Because of this, I am blessed to see incredible pictures like this one, in my feed.

As I was scrolling down and saw this picture, for a moment, I didn't just see a picture of the Savior reaching his hand out to anyone. What I saw was much more personal.

I saw our Savior, standing there, reaching out his hand personally to me, Jerlyn, his daughter. I saw his eyes and the way they shown with love for me, his daughter. I saw his hand reaching to steady me. I saw my Savior standing before me in such a real way. Not just a painting. Not just a picture.

I saw my Savior calling me. As he beckoned me to come, I prayed. I prayed for him to allow me to reach out and take his hand and pull me safely into his arms. I prayed for his strength to encircle me. I prayed for his healing powers to help lift me. I prayed for his love to touch my heart.

After stopping and staring into those loving eyes for a few minutes, I went to scroll down to the next post. I couldn't. My mind, my heart and my soul couldn't physically turn away from my Savior. He compelled me to come, he spoke the words, Come Follow Me. It was as if he was directly speaking to me, to my heart and mind, from this painting.

Tears flowed down my face. They fell quickly as my heart grew bigger and bigger until I felt it would explode with love for my Savior and from my Savior. Each time I see this picture, my heart again fills with love and gratitude for how much my beloved Savior knows me, his daughter, Jerlyn. To me, that is the greatest gift of all. To love my Savior and for him to know and love me.

No comments: