Saturday, February 27, 2016

Is there no other way

Is there no other way?

Oh how I often I find myself in prayer asking this question.

But, in the end, after the words, "Is there no other way?" uttered, it is always followed by the words, "But not my will be done, but thine."

I will always do what the Lord asks. I will always follow Him. I will go where he wants me to go and do what he wants me to do and say what he wants me to say, always.

But, sometimes the way that I must walk seems so overwhelming and straight uphill. The task ahead seems absolutely impossible. I doubt my own abilities to walk the trial and journey that is set forth in front of me.

This is not in any way me questioning my Father in Heaven, but questioning my own strength and abilities. I wonder if I have what it takes to overcome the challenge or fight the fight that stands in front of me.

But if my loving Father in Heaven assures me that there is no other way, then I will move forward while giving it all I have got. I am reassured in those moments that I doubt myself and my ability to do the task at hand, that I am not the first to ask the question. This gives me strength to keep going regardless of the response. Because I trust that there is nothing that me and my Savior together cannot handle. With him, all things are possible. They may be hard and take all I have, but with his help, I can do the things which he requires me to do. 


No comments: