Saturday, February 27, 2016

God vs Satan

I love this list that expresses which feelings come from our loving and kind Heavenly Father and which feelings and emotions come from the adversary, Satan himself.

I love the lists that reminds me when I am feeling anxious, frightened, confused, stressed, worried, discouraged, unworthy, not good enough and all the emotions that drag me down, that not a single one of those comes from my loving Father in Heaven. Instead, those frightening feelings that bring us down come from the father of all lies.

When our loving Father in Heaven is trying to speak with me, he calms me. He reassure me, he stills me to silence and calms my heart. He leads me to where I need to go. He enlightens my mind with truth and understanding and offers greater clarity. He forgives me for my weaknesses and shortcomings and my sins. He offers his immediate forgiveness. He calms my troubled heart. He encourages me to be better and try harder and reminds me that I am enough. He comforts me. He reminds me that I am so very loved.

I also love that God calls us by our name, never by our sin. He never refers to us as our sins. He loves us so very much. He wants us to succeed. He wants to do all he can so that we are able to return to him. He wants nothing less that all that he has for us.

I am grateful for this gentle reminder and look at if often. When the feelings from the father of all lies tries to rush me and frighten me, lying to me and tries to discourage me.  I list how my loving Father in Heaven feels about me.

It is amazing how quickly I am feeling better and reminded that I am known by God. He knows me, Jerlyn. And oh how he knows and loves each of us. We are precious in his sight always.

No comments: