Sunday, February 28, 2016

Help from beyond

I saw this picture for the first time a couple of days ago. Since then, I have seen it many times. The feelings it invokes is one of peace and comfort.

I am reminded of all the times that our loving Savior has stepped in and helped when me, Thomas and Hayden have been in surgeries or having medical issues.

I know clearly that our Savior has stood with Hayden and lovingly held him in his arms when he was just a young infant and again when he was a small boy. I know that our Savior stood with the doctors and nurses when Thomas was in ICU and they were guided by him in their decisions, which ultimately saved his life.

I have heard so many stories of how our dear Savior has changed things for me. From the day I died in surgery and came back without medical assistance to when our Savior lovingly inspired doctors and nurses in how to help me and did a complete different surgical procedure which made all the difference. Just recently, my neurologist was going to prescribe me a medication. He told me that for whatever reason, he just could not write the prescription. His hand was stopped from writing it. Weeks later, after testing and more understanding, we were told that the medication they wanted to prescribe originally, would have taken my life.

I testify that the Savior is in the details of our lives. That he guides nurses and doctors. That he helps patients to have the treatment that they need. I know that he guides surgeons hands and helps nurses remember all they need to during their hectic schedule of treating and caring for so many patients.

For all the times that my life and the lives of those I love have been spared, I want to thank my Savior for bing there for me. I am thankful for the dedication and service that the medical community puts in to learning how to care of the sick and afflicted. I am grateful that I can trust that my medical team and my loving Savior will work together to help me stay alive. I am truly grateful.

No comments: