Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hayden is 8

It is Hayden's birthday. I have been up writing a talk for his baptism on the Holy Ghost. I can't believe my boy is 8. It feels like I was just holding this newborn infant in my arms. As I think about all the wonderful memories I have with this boy, I feel so blessed.

When Hayden was first born and wasn't breathing, I was given a priesthood blessing. In the blessing it said, "Hayden will bring much joy into your life." As I sit here this morning and reflect back on Hayden's eight years with me, he has brought incredible amounts of joy into my life. I feel so blessed. So loved by a loving Heavenly Father that let Hayden and his sweet spirit come to our home. So honored and humbled that Heavenly Father chose me to be this boy's mom.

Hayden is an incredible boy. He has learned so much in his short time here on earth. He knows the church is true. He understands the gift and power of the Holy Ghost. He serves. He loves. He gives. He chooses the right. He has a good spirit. He smiles. He laughs. He plays. He's an example.

I love you, Hayden! I am so thankful for you every day! Thanks for being my boy!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Happy Birthday to Hayden! 8 is such an important birthday. There is nothing like seeing your child enter the waters of baptism. That will be a very special day.

Connie said...

Congrats to Hayden on his baptism. What exciting times at your house! I also love The Last Straw and what you guys do as a family!