Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holy Ghost Talk

Hayden was insistint that I be the one to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I asked why and he said, "Mom, you have to be the one to talk on the Holy Ghost. That is your favorite thing to talk about."

Excerpts from my talk to Hayden regarding the Holy Ghost:
I started thinking about our talks about the Holy Ghost. I remember the first time that you told me that you were feeling the sweet spirit of the Holy Ghost. You had just turned five years old, and we were leaving Phoenix Children’s hospital. We had just dropped off all of Hayden’s Toy Drive toys to the hospital. I asked you how you felt and you said, “Mom, I like how I feel when I give toys away!” I explained to you that was the Holy Ghost testifying to you that you had done a good thing. Before each surgery or hospital stay you are given a blessing. I was talking to you about a procedure you were going to have at the hospital, you asked questions and then took a deep breath and said, “It’s okay mom, I will just get daddy to give me a priesthood blessing and then Jesus and the Holy Ghost will help me not to be scared. I remember driving home from school after you had given your treasure box toy to a friend and asking me, “Mom, why does it feel better to give something away than to get something” Another time we were at FHE and were talking about the Plan of Salvation, at bedtime you said, “Mom, I feel so happy inside, how come I always feel that way after FHE?, I don’t want this feeling to go away.” Last year dropping off toys at PCH, the worker looked at you and said, Hayden, what is your favorite part about the toy drive? You looked at her and said, "The way I feel all tingly inside. I know that Heavenly Father is proud of me for doing this and I like making him happy.”

Hayden, you have an incredible understanding of how the Holy Ghost can comfort us, bring us peace and help us. This is one of your precious gifts to you from our Heavenly Father. He loves you and has given you the ability to understand and use the Holy Ghost from a young age. Now you are going to be blessed for daddy, grandpa and your uncles that love you to place their hands on your head and give you the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Once this happens, if you live righteously and make good decisions, the Holy Ghost can be with you always. You will have more experiences with feeling the Holy Ghost and he will teach you many things.

Hayden, you are such a good boy. You have such a deep knowledge of right and wrong. I have watched you gain your testimony of our Savior, this church and of the Holy Ghost. You are an amazing boy with so much to give. You are one of Heavenly Father’s choice spirits and I am so thankful that I was chosen to be your mother. I love you very much. I want you to know that I have a testimony of this church. I know it is true. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus love us very much. They know me and they know you and each of us. They know what is going on in our lives and are constantly guiding us and helping us. And the Holy Ghost probably is one of my favorite topics because he is such a special gift in my life. I lean on the Holy Ghost for comfort, strength and guidance. And I pray that you will always cherish him as a special gift in your life. I love you, Hayden.

1 comment:

Connie said...

What a beautiful & sweet post! I also love the family picture a few posts back, on Hayden's special day. What a great looking family you are!