Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Last Straw



I love this book and more than anything love this Christmas tradition. I can't take credit for it, I copied it from this book.

The first FHE of December we read this book, set up our manager for baby Jesus and start doing secret acts of service for those around us. We talk about how Jesus came to earth for us and that is why we celebrate Christmas. We can't buy Jesus presents so do acts of service to one another instead. During the month of December we do secret acts of service for our family members and friends and for each service done, a straw is placed in the manager. On Christmas Eve, we place baby Jesus in his bed and measure the good acts that were done by the softness of baby Jesus' bed.

I love the Spirit that this simple message brings in our home. I love reading the story. It is probably my favorite FHE of the year.

2 comments:

Jill said...

We started the same family tradition. I love it. The kids love it. I love them doing things for each other and trying to be sneaky about it! Aaron is a crack up. It leaves such a sweet spirit around the house.

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea. Think EW would go for it? ;)