Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Haydens Baptism


Hayden was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Saturday, his eigth birthday.


What a special feeling that was in our home all day. Hayden was so excited for his dad to lay his hands on his head and for him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Hayden had an extreme calm and peacefulness with him all day.

As I stood next to Hayden by the font with him dressed in white, I could hardly keep from tearing up. Here is my little guy and he is ready to enter the waters of baptism. He already has a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.

As I asked Hayden if he was ready, he said that he was scared to get baptized but was so excited to have the Holy Ghost with him always.

As Thomas and Hayden entered the water, I felt an overwhelming peace and felt the Spirit testify to me again of the truthfulness of his gospel. I felt an overwhelming reassurance that Hayden was loved by our Heavenly Father and is one of his choice spirit children.

After the baptism, I spoke to Hayden regarding the Holy Ghost. He was so anxious to receive this special gift. After his sweet confirmation, Hayden came over to me and hugged me and told me how he felt so wonderful inside.

The rest of the day he was at peace. Calm and at peace.

Hayden's Testimony: I know this church is true. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus love me. I know that if I make good choices, the Holy Ghost will help me do what is right. I know if I want to talk to Heavenly Father, I just need to pray.

Simple and to the point. He knows. He believes and he lives it. I am so proud of my little boy.

I add my testimony to his. I know this church is true. I know the Holy Ghost guides us, directs us and brings us peace. This blessing is one of my greatest gifts and treasures in life. I know. What a great feeling.

No comments: