Sunday, September 16, 2012

Random happenings

Most activities at our house take place in the family room. I can sit on the couch and still feel apart of the activities going on. Love when I can feel apart of it.

Suzi playing games with the big kids while Thomas looks for the next movie to put on for Talmage.
Hayden and Thomas play the I-Pad together on the weekends. We all love to play some of the games together. Hayden sitting in the middle of me and Thomas on the couch and figuring out the puzzles together. We also like to take turns reading books. We are currently reading A Swiftly Tilting Planet to follow up A Wrinkle in Time. Our scripture study takes place about 1/2 of the time on the couch and the other 1/2 on our bed. We have also enjoyed watching America's Got Talent, Secret Millionaire, the Voice and X Factor as a family. I especially love it when my boys give me foot rubs while we watch our shows.
Our family would not be the Murphy family without wrestling and pillow fights and tickling and playing with Dad and Uncle Thomas. If Thomas sits on the ground, he is immediately bombarded by Hayden, Brooklyn, Brigham and Talmage and any other nieces and nephews or Hayden's friends that are over. Thomas loves playing with the kids and is such an amazing Dad and Uncle.
Jodi and Brooklyn entertained themselves while Talmage and I took naps one day. I woke up to them playing games. Can I express how incredible that Jodi is to completely turn her life upside down to take care of me during the day?
Talmage and I look like this every afternoon. We take our daily naps. On Saturday, we both slept for 3.5 hours on the couch.
This little boy keeps me company while all the rest of the kiddos are at school. He always begs to go get Jer a diet coke. He is hoping with going to QT that he will come home with a chocolate donut. When he comes in the morning he asks if there is a donut waiting for him. If I say no, he says, "Oh, did Uncle Thomas forget?" He certainly has a sweet tooth. I have enjoyed watching Mickey Mouse Club and tons of Disney movies with this my little buddy.
Hayden's skill at creating lego creations is amazing. He can sit down and within a hour or less complete some masterpiece. He also excels at the lego kits and can put a complex lego kit together in record time. I am in awe at how long he can sit and play legos.
As I mentioned, most of our activities and fun consists of games, movies and things that can be done in the family room. We sure have gotten creative and have all kinds of wonderful adventures and made so many cherished memories in there. I will always cherish these moments of normalcy and family bonding even in the middle of my health chaos. We are definitely enjoying and loving life.

No comments: