Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Not Again

Yep. Regardless of how I would like life to go, I'm lucky to always get to experience the 1% chance. 99% chance will be ok....I must worry. Although I guess the reverse is true, as well. I should have died but yet I defy the odds. 

This time it is not fun. I've now had three intestinal blockages or obstructions in the past month. I can't get rid of them. Oh man do they hurt like crazy. The symptom list includes intense and unbearable pain. Yep. Great explanation along with nausea and vomiting and doubling into a ball. And it should include a trip to the ER. However, been there, done that. Miserable. A week with no food or water, hooked to iv's, getting CT scans every day and ultra sounds.  Um. I pass. 

I'm grateful for priesthood blessings that confirm my suspicions so I know what I am dealing with. I know how to out myself on an all liquid diet. And I'd rather lay doubled in a ball in my bed or on my,couch than anywhere else....especially a hospital bed. 

No wonder I haven't been able to eat anything or keep anything down. I have zero appetite. I am hurting beyond compare. 

I am also grateful for priesthood blessings that promise comfort and peace and endurance. For peace to know that if I follow guidelines at home, I will survive and be ok. Even when it's 3:30am and I have not yet been to sleep because of unbearable pain and spending most of the night on the bathroom floor. 

I've had this before and barely escaped the condition prior to surgery.  I am praying for that type of miracle again. Why do I share? I know that everyone has prayed and prayed and fasted and been there for me. I feel your prayers. I feel your strength as I pass through these hard trials. The pain is eased as I rely on my Savior and feel the added protection and comfort from the prayers of so many loves ones and dear friends. I feel the strength and prayers of my ward family and total strangers. 

I am so grateful for the priesthood and the power of healing it brings. I'm praying for yet another blessing of healing in my,life. That through our collective prayers that I may be healed and may go on again. I'd appreciate any prayers that you could offer up in my behalf. I'm a firm believer in prayer and the Savior hearing our petitions. He answers in His own way and in. His own timing. I'm praying this is short lived and may pass quickly. Your prayers, as always, are very very appreciated. Hugs to all of you, my dear friends!

No comments: