Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tyler's birthday and cousins

Oh how I love Tyler. I was so excited he flew in on Saturday to visit his parents and family. Part of the bonus of us living down the street from Lisa, is I get to see her kids when they come to town. Tyler flew in for his birthday. Lisa had her brother and his family and kids with their kids and her mom over for a BBQ at the park. Luckily, I was invited. I loved seeing cousins and my cousins kids and their kids. I loved talking with my mom's sister. 

While we were there, Jake called. I said to come down. He did. I loved seeing Jake and Rosie and I kept Katelyn. 

We laughed and had a great time at the park. I sure love Lisa and her children. And of course, Bob! 

After the picnic, Katelyn, Chad and Hayden hung out and played video games all night. I loved hearing the giggles and laughs from the game room. 

Sweet Katelyn spent the night. Oh how I love her. Being thirteen and a girl is hard. Having a very popular sister a year older who is athletic and outgoing and the life of the party is even harder. Add in a perky little sister who is a cheerleader and skinny and life feels rough and overwhelming. Poor girl. I hugged her and told her that teenage girls are unfortunately mean. I tried to have her remember how precious she is and how much she is loved. She needs to be her and not her sisters. 

Why are teenagers and girls so stinking mean? She struggles with self esteem like so many other girls. And boy how she struggles with trying to find her place and where she excels. She is an amazing girl. She has so many talents and so many great qualities. She is so loved. I wish I could hug her and let her see herself as I see her but more importantly, as her Father in Heaven sees her and values her. 

We sure loved her being around. I love that Chad identifies with her struggles and he tries so hard to make her and Hayden feel so important and special. 

Last night as Suzi asked him to do something for Katelyn and Hayden, he refused to be paid but said he genuinely just wanted to help and be there for them. I admire Chad and his ability to see a need of others struggling and wanting to help. He sure loves the underdog and will do all he can to build another and make them feel good about themselves. 

Families have their crazy qwerks. They may be goofy and funny. But, I love th bonds from one generation to the next. From grandparent to kids and grandchildren to aunts and uncles and cousins and nieces and nephews. Families are the essential and vital unit on this earth. We are here to hold each other's hands and lift one another and help each other navigate this life. 

I've watched Chad do it for Hayden and Hayden for Brigham or Talmage. I love that Kaylee has reached out to Hayden and Hayden to Katelyn. I love that Brooklyn takes care of Brinley and loves being with Hayden. I love the bonds. 

I love my cousins and how much they mean to me. I pray that Hayden states close to his cousins. That him and Brooklyn are always friends. That Chad and Hayden get together with their families someday. One of my greatest wishes would be for Brooklyn and Hayden to grow up and marry and live close to each other and be best friends. Oh how I pray that Chad and Katelyn and Brigham and Talmage will always love Hayden. He doesn't have siblings but he has amazing cousins. Wonderful and loving and kind and good cousins. 

Family...it may be crazy but it sure is fun. I'm lucky for such wonderful family that are my dearest friends. 


No comments: