Sunday, October 26, 2014

Saying Goodbye

These sweet children and their amazing parents have a special place in my heart. 

I met Sarah and Jordan when they were newlyweds. They were speaking at church and I had a distinct impression that I needed to become friends with Jordan, but especially for Brigham's sake. We were then both called to serve as ward missionaries. The night Jukei was baptized, we had a celebration at our home afterwards. Sarah and Jordan came and supported Jukie and stayed afterwards to help me clean up. Sarah was struggling and wanted children so badly but it wasn't happening. She met my sweet sister, Jodi, and her children that night and Sarah knew adoption was the answer. 

From that time, we all talked many times about the gospel, missionary work, kids, and adoption. They became certified and received a beautiful baby, Ty. He was with them for four months until he was reunited with his birth parents. Sarah called sobbing and I talked her thru how I handled baby girl being ripped out of our hearts, arms and lives.  I prayed for her to find peace. 

Shortly thereafter, they received sweet little Zee, weighing only a few pounds and with a broken arm, a cast and a broken spirit from all of the abuse. Sarah and Jordan healed his heart along with his underdevelopment, broken bones and broken little soul. 

Within a short time period, they found out about Rex and started getting transition visits. There is only a 3 month difference between the two boys. Rex was living with his grandma with many siblings and she just couldn't do another. 

Within a short time, two other little baby boys joined their home and became theirs. TJ and Ace. Both see reunited with others. I watched Sarah's heart break. I cried with her. I held her. We sobbed together. Then Zee got taken back and oh howdy did she break. Especially knowing he situation he was going back to. She fought like crazy for him. 

Devastated, she went on with life unsure how to survive without her precious boys. A bright moment happened when their precious Rex was officially adopted and sealed to them in the temple. Oh how they rejoiced and we rejoiced right along with them. We also shed many tears over the loss of her other children. 

Then Sarah received the call...twin girls just born. Great chance of easily adopting them. They were only one day old. Jet came home and a couple of days, Rudy, joined her. Sarah loved her twin girls. 

With the babies quite little, Sarah go a devastating oh on call. Zee had been badly hurt by his birth family and was fighting for his life in PCH. Sarah fought and called and did all she could to get to him. She requested an emergency hearing and was able to heal Zee in their home. The poor boy had been hurt physically, mentally and emotionally. He was broken inside. The loving parents that they are, they thught their son to walk again, to talk, potty trained him and held him as he would scream and cry. 

She raised these four precious babies. She has more patience and love than I could ever imagine. Then came more devastating news, after almost a year of trying to adopt Zee and court battles, all prior abuse was consider an accident and he went back home. Sarah broke knowing what was in store for him. 

We all fasted and prayed. We pleaded for something. Meanwhile the adoption and likelihood of the girls being adopted grew brighter. With hardly any contact for months, Zee and his birth family showed up and said that she knew the best thing was Zee needed to be with them. He hadn't slept or ate or stopped crying for his mom and dad, his Rex and sisters. They were reunited. The fasting worked. 

A couple of weeks ago, I sat in the temple as these three younger babies were sealed to Joedan and Sarah. It was beautiful. 

Jordan was transferred to Utah. 

This sweet family that became our family had to move. 

We went to say goodbye last night. Oh how it ripped my heart out. Thomas and I consider these babies our nephews and niece and/or our grand kids. We love them. Sarah and Jordan are some of our dearest friends. 

We came to the door to hear the boys yell, "Aunt Jer is here!" Oh how I will miss that. 

Hugs were given, they attacked Hayden, and teased with Thomas. I cuddled them.  

I brought out their small going away presents. Each was given a small stuffed animal to remind them of us. 

As I gave Zee his, he said, "will this keep me safe so no one can hurt me ever again?"  I assured him it would and I held him tight. Rex begged for us to come with them. He smiled and gave pouty faces and tried all tactics to get us to agree. Once we agreed to come visit, he said, "but I will miss you so much."  The girls just smiled and laughed and soaked in cuddles and kisses, oblivious to the changed ahead. 

Rex and Zee wrestled with Hayden. He tickled them and teased the.  Hayden is so great with kids. He had all four following his every move. 

We hugged our dear friends. We cuddled and hugged these four precious babies that I fasted and prayed for many many timesover the past several years. Hayden consistently prayed for them and fasted for them to be a family. 

I will miss them like crazy. I will my boys and their excitement to see us. I will miss the hugs and kisses and laughter as they play with Hayden. I will miss the words...Aunt Jer.... Coming off of their lips and those sweet voices. I will miss the baby girls and their ability to warm my heart. I will miss my dear sweet friend, Sarah and our talks and hugs. I will miss Jordan and his hugs and huge smile when we walk in the room. I will miss the way he makes Hayden come to life. 

But, I'm so happy that their journey in Arizona brought us together. That they came here to adopted these four precious babies that I love. That they influenced Hayden in such amazing ways. And that they were our friends. They didn't care if I looked like death and was barely able to walk. Regardless of anything, they were our friends. Friends that chose us as family. And we chose them right back. 

I love you..Jordan, Sarah, Rex, Zee, Jet and Rudy. Never forget us. We will all love you forever. 

No comments: