Thursday, October 23, 2014

Walks

Tuesday night, Thomas and I talked. I knew with all of the stress and challenges in life right now, I needs to make changes. I told him I was going to try to start walking early in the morning. I may only make it a few houses but the dogs needed it, Hayden needed it and I needed it. 

I said walk and Max went from sleeping to pulling at his leash. He would not stop. So Thomas ended up taking the dogs for,walk at 11pm at night. I had told Max. No. In the morning.  When boy wakes up, we will go for a walk. Since Thomas took him, I gpfigure he wouldn't remember. 

Boy was I wrong. Max was peacefully asleep. When Hayden woke up and went to the bathroom, Max climbed out from bed and looked around. When Hayden laid down on the bed, Max attacked him. He kissed him and kept trying to get him up. He then ran to get his leash. He remembered. Crazy dog. 

I got up and put on my big hat and sunglasses and we went for a walk around the block. It was beautiful. Seriously. Birds chirping, the sun rising, a gentle breeze blowing and the smell of fall in the air. I took a deep breath. My heart loved it. 

I have been stuck indoors since we went to the beach. And before that, it was May since I was able to be outside for more than just the seconds it takes to get from the door to the car. Sunshine and fresh air are so nice. I'm loving this weather. 

After we walked the block, I supervised. Hayden weeding. Well I may have bent down some. Oh man sakes alive am I sore and exhausted today. But it feels so good at the same time. The pups were in Heaven. 

This morning, they woke up again ready and willing to go on their walk. This morning, Thomas woke me up earlier and he walked with us. I was so slow that Hayden lapped us. Maya would stop and smell as I tried to out one foot on front of the other. I laughed I went so slow. But it doesn't matter. I DID IT! I walked two days in a row. Now, I crawled back on bed and haven't been out since. I'm not sure that I will be able to the rest of the day. But that doesn't matter. I got some sunshine without passing out and it felt great. 

The doctor thinks early early morning or late evening sun, with hats and sunglasses, and I may be able to endure up to 10 minutes in the outside. Heaven I tell you. Sheer Heaven.  Boy does it do something for my mood to increase my time outside. 

Life is good. It really is. 

No comments: