Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bishop's Home

Last Monday night we were invited to the Bishop's home for Family Home Evening. When we arrived, the Bishop let us know that he had invited families in the ward with special needs or autistic children. It was quite the experience and one I was very thankful to have been able to experience.

We have had several new families move into the ward recently and a couple of new converts. When I walked in, I had several people come up to me and say that they had been wanting to talk to me and asked for help.

As the Bishop opened FHE, he spoke of the special spirits that these children have. The Bishop had asked a couple of us to bear testimony or share thoughts on how we had dealt and some of our experiences. The Arnson's went first. Their son is 23 and they definitely have the most experience and longevity in understanding autism. Then, it was my turn. The spirit was unbelievably strong and the words just flowed out of my mouth. I had prayed that I would be directed in what to say and I was so thankful that the Spirit guided me in my thoughts and words and then very strongly testified to all of us of the truthfulness of the message. What a blessing to have the Lord's help, guidance and understanding. I am always so grateful when the Lord can use my experiences to help another.

I do have a testimony that these children have been sent here with special spirits. They are so close to the Lord. They love the Lord completely and are so sensitive to the Spirit. What a blessing to have been in a room with these special children and to bear testimony of their great worth.

I am humbled to have been chosen to be Hayden's mom. He teaches me every day. I just pray that the Lord will continue to bless me with the ability to teach Hayden while he teaches me. I know the Lord is helping me. He continues to make up the difference every day when I fall short of what Hayden needs. He helps me to be the mom that only He knows and believes I can become. And, I do know that with the Lord's help, I can become the parent that Hayden needs and so deserves. Having Hayden has truly taught me that the only way to parent is with the Lord's help and guidance and with Him, miracles can and do happen!

No comments: