Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day brings so many feelings and emotions. Grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother to Hayden. Grateful for the wonderful women in my life that mother, protect, encourage and love me. Grateful for the wonderful women that teach me and encourage me to be a better mom and are there for me on the days I am not sure how to keep going.

Since my mom has already passed out of this life and on to the next, it is always a reminder to me that another year has past. I always take the time to reflect on the past year, what events have unfolded and sort of create a check list on all the things that my mom has missed out on, all the times I wish I could have talked to her and sit and reflect at what I have learned and how I have grown.

Jodi expressed it wonderfully on facebook today...If flowers grow in heaven Lord, then pick a bunch for me, place them in my Mom's arms and tell her they're from me. Tell her that I love and miss her with all my heart, and when she turns to smile, place a kiss on her cheek and hold her for a while. Happy Mother's Day Mom, I miss you so so much! xoxo's

Friday morning, I bought a beautiful pot of yellow mums. They were some of my mom's favorite flowers, cheerful and full of happiness. I took them to work on Friday and intended to head to the cemetery after I picked Hayden up from school. I couldn't do it. Those darn flowers had brought me so much happiness that I found myself just overwhelmed with joy. After calling Jodi, we decided the flowers would be much more loved and I would spend more time remembering my mom with the flowers on my counter than on the cemetery floor. Best thing... they were Sunflower Sue brand and each time I look at them I smile and tell Hayden a story about my mom. It has been wonderful!

I am so thankful that I have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that I WILL see my mom again. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families. I am so thankful for a kind, loving and caring Father in Heaven that prepared and implemented such an incredible plan that this life isn't the end. And, although I miss my mom (some days oh so much). The knowledge, the absolute definite knowledge, that I will see her again, hug her and be able to express my gratitude and love for her, carries me through and I feel so very blessed.

No comments: